3.04.2011

disorder through order

 The first time I saw books arranged by color was at Adobe Bookstore in San Francisco's Mission District, when in 2004 I lived across the street from this lovely book-filled oasis.  San Francisco artist Chris Cobb, along with 20 volunteers, color-coded 20,000 books for an art piece called There Is Nothing Wrong In This Whole Wide World, and the results were stunning:
As someone who also arranges my books in such a manner, I usually get one of two reactions when people come over: "Whoa, you have OCD." (which may slightly be true), or "How do you find any of your books?".  But I can pretty much picture all the books I own in my head by the color of their spine...and since books are themselves a work of art, why shouldn't they be displayed as such?

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...